Our main services can be divided into the following categories:
Remote sensing & machine learning
Remote sensing generally refers to the use of satellite or aircraft-based sensor technologies to detect and classify objects on Earth. Examples include digital aerial imagery, satellite imagery and point clouds. Urgis is able to process and analyze this (geo)data in order to extract new valuable information. By using digital elevation models, aerial photos and satellite data, we can calculate areas and volumes of objects, and detect objects like buildings, parcels and vegetation. By comparing data and detected objects over time, we can monitor changeswhich can give new insights in spatial processes.
Object recognition and object segmentation
A photo contains a lot of information that can be interpreted by the human eye. Aerial photos are very suitable for quickly inventorying an area. However, when it comes to very large areas or numbers, this is no longer an option. Urgis develops smart algorithms using artificial intelligence (AI) that automatically extract specific information and objects from aerial imagery and height models (e.g. point clouds). Automatic detection of objects includes the detection of specific industrial and commercial objects that can be of valueable information for insurance companies and municipalities, for example solar panels or trees. Detected or segmented objects can then be linked to cadastral parcels, addresses or the basic registration of large-scale topography. On this page you can read more about the object products we have developed.
We help our clients with:
• Calculating solar radiation and energy yield on roofs.
• Carrying out quick scans with regard to the number of solar panels on buildings.
• Monitoring trees based on aerial photos and Lidar
• Collecting and analyzing data to accelerate the energy transition.
• Detecting water puddles on the street by useing Lidar.
• Classifying, analyzing and monitoring (urban) vegetation.
• Execution of predictions, dispersion models and network optimizations.
• Automatic inspections and monitoring of public space and (agricultural) plots.
Process optimization and support
In addition to geo-ICT support, we also support and advise our customers when it comes to using GIS systems and geographical data. We use a fixed hourly rate for both process optimization (programming services) and support. Curious what we can do for your organization? Then take no obligation contact us for an introductory meeting.